All Uncyclopedia Admins are rank; pretty obvious. However, research by the Uncyclomedia Foundation into the Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights and the Act of Parliament that created the Royal Air Force, reveals that all Admins (and in fact, all registered users) are Officers of the British Army (or, for the Yanks, the USAF or USMC).
Uncyclopedians are advised against trying to exercise their power in this respect, as the Army remains oblivious of this research and, should they discover it, they might dispatch us to Guantanamo Bay or Iraq.
Oddly enough, Order of Uncyclopedia rank bears no relation to NATO rank.
|NATO Code||OF-10||OF-9||OF-8||OF-7||OF-6||OF-5||OF-4||OF-3||OF-2||OF-1||OF-D-||Student Officer|
|Field Marshal1||General||Lieutenant-General||Major-General||Brigadier||Colonel||Lieutenant-Colonel||Major||Captain||Lieutenant||Second Lieutenant||Officer Designate||Officer Cadet
|Gen. of Air Force1||Gen. General||Lt. General||Maj. Gen.||Brig. Gen.||Colonel||Lt. Colonel||Major||Captain||1st Lieutenant||2nd Lieutenant||Staff Sergeant||Airman
|General of the Army1||General||Lieutenant General||Major General||Brigadier General||Colonel||Lieutenant Colonel||Major||Captain||First Lieutenant||Second Lieutenant||Staff Sergeant||Private First Class|
|Uncyclopedia Rank||Sophia||Oscar Wilde||Chronarion||That Guy||Bureaucrat||Top Secret||Censored||Admin (Sysop)||Admin Candidate||Huffer First Class||Huffer||Private User||Registered Users|
Officers can promote or demote subordinates as they see fit upto the rank immediately below their rank, excepting that some promotions and Demotions (for instance, to Admin or Major) occur through other means; for example, Uncyclopedia:VFS. Example: an Admin can promote a user to Lieutenant (although they need not nominate for admin), a Bureaucrat can in addition Promote a Major to a Colonel if (s)he see fit.
In order to notify a user of their promotion, use the template Template:Notice of Promotion and place it on their talk page. This will create documentation of promotion which may then be pasted anywhere else it is needed.
Senority within a Rank
Within a Rank, Seniority is based upon the Date of Commision; that is, the date (s)he registered on Uncyclopedia. Even if someone was only recently promoted, if they registered before you they have senority over you. This is of course highly unfair.
One of the quirks inevitably produced by this scheme is that all Registered Users are now part of the NATO standard rank scale. This could be especially interesting if, for example, a Captain in the US Army were to outrank many of their superiors through dint of writing about Kitten Huffing on the Interweb. This has yet to be resolved...
(for non-admins, Captain and lower)
- Rataube: Nominated for sysop once by Isra and once by Tomps.
- Claudius Prime - Promoted by: 21:44, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- King In Yellow - Promoted to 2nd Lt. by: gwax; nominated for admin here
- Sbluen - nominated here
- Ghelæ - nominated here
- Lugiatm - nominated here
- Slackerboy - nominated here
- Wild Weasel - Promoted to 2nd Lt. by: ~ T. (talk) 02:02, 4 May 2006 (UTC); nominated here
- Squiggle - nominated here
- Insineratehymn - nominated here
- PuppyOnTheRadio - Nominated several times, promoted by: 12:26 4-Feb-13
- Mnbvcxz - Promoted by: 12:26 4-Feb-13
- Some user - Promoted by: 21:44, 22 August 2006 (UTC)
- Orion Blastar Promoted to 2LT by: ~ T. (talk) 02:06, 4 May 2006 (UTC); demoted to OD by 04:59 UTC, 10.5.2006, promoted to 1LT by 00:56 UTC, 10.11.2006
- High Gen. Grue - promoted by 05:58 UTC, 07.27.2007
- Charitwo - promoted by ~ 10:19, 10 March 2008 (UTC)
- THEDUDEMAN - promoted by 02:43, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- Spike - Promoted by: Get saved! 15:49, May 11, 2010 (UTC) (now Admin)
- Composure1 - Promoted by
- Prettiestpretty - Promoted by: - Tompkins 18:39, 4 July 2006 (UTC)
- Sir Cornbread - Promoted by , 05:31, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Officer Designate/Staff Sergeant