This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Math page.
|This article was nominated for deletion on September 13, 2007.
The result of the discussion was Keep.
This is a pretty big template, and that's a bit of an understatement. Perhaps that [show]/[hide] function should be added? I'd do it myself, but I'm worthless when it comes to editing templates :\ -- TKFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK 18:58, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
I don't know how to either. --Cajek 20:10, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
That makes three... Oh well. --Dexter111344 02:21, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
Maybe I could figure out how to do it if I could find a template with a show/hide function and viewed its source. The Linkifier 19:53, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
Yeah, take a look at Template:Crime, although I thought of that already. -- • <-> 19:57, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
Template:Crime is very complex compared to this template, and I can't make connections between that template to this one. If anyone could find a template more similar to this one than Template:Crime with the show/hide function, or knew how to add a show/hide function, that would help more. The Linkifier 21:43, 13 October 2007 (UTC)
NOW IT'S EVEN BIGGER, GOD DAMMIT. -- • <-> 06:05, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
As the creator, I think I have a say in this: I think it's nifty now, however the old version was better. -- • <-> 04:18, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
okay here are my demands:
- Put the damn pictures back!
- Put the damn random math link back!!!!
-- • <-> 04:20, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- all right, pictures are good, but why THOSE images, we need more generic and not so detailed ones. what do you think? --Andersmusician 03:59, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Anders, I like you, however... PUT THOSE EXACT SAME PICS BACK. Generic pictures suck. Thank you. Do it soon, man. I'm serious. -- • <-> 04:33, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
- all right I will, but consider that noone is gonna look at the template, noone visits uncyclopedia whatsoever--188.8.131.52 04:36, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
template under attack!
this template has recently been hacked to pieces by me. while i maintain an irrational hatred towards the bad math stubs contained herein (which are being nommed and deleted), i will be fixing up the okay stubs, and trying to find (or write myself) more good stubs. that is all. 15:02, 14 August 2008 (UTC)
I am going to
clean this thing up, add the hide function people have asked for, and remove those inexplicable (*) things. I may or may not do this in a timely fashion. I am also going to announce my intentions on this thing's talk page. (Gerrycheevers may continue to VFD everything in this thing. I may even put in an automatic don't show red links feature.) --monika 18:33, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- thank you for joining me on this quixotic mission, monika. i'm almost all the way through nominating articles that aren't worth keeping for deletion. i will then remove them from the template, edit the remaining articles so as to improve their awesomeness, and add already awesome articles. the show/hide feature would be great, as well as any other things you wish to contribute. cheers! 18:40, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
update, plans for future
I made a magical template that hides any red links on any page other than the template page itself and makes them really fucking obvious on the template page itself. This would be the best thing ever except 1) it doesn't work on articles with equal signs in their names, and 2) wikia gets pissy if you use it more than 100 times in a page. 1) I don't see any real reason to fix, and 2) I suggest we combat by not using on pages that will never ever get red-linked. Which pages those are I haven't thought about yet.
I will in the future probably rearrange the links and stuff a bit, and sort the unsorted links, but not tonight. (I have a Melvins concert to attend.) I also suggest we check out category:mathematics and make sure everything in there is in here. But for now I'm taking a break. --monika 22:49, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- monika, can you make the default setting 'show', with a 'hide' button? my computer won't show me the 'show' button on templates so i can't see anything. also, i don't think the 'don't show redlinks' feature is necessary, as we can just physically remove any links to articles that get deleted. 14:58, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'll need to figure out how. I'll see what I can do. --monika 16:46, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Brainstorming and shit
Okay, we need to recategorize these things. (I'll remove the linky stuff I did when we do this. There's no need to waste time with it now...)
Anyway, hare are some ideas for categories:
general (which should perhaps be moved to the bottom..)
- Tools (replaces devices)
- Number Theory & Numerology (replaces "numbers" and parts of "quantity")
- Arithmetic (could be combined with Numerology, replaces Operators)
- Geometry & Topology (replaces "space")
- Calculus (replaces "change")
- Logic & Computer Science (replaces "foundations & philosophy" and parts of "applied math", however that works out...)
- Physics & Mathy Sciences
or something like that. Comments? --monika 16:15, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
PS: I may be working on stuff here. Feel free to join me. --monika 16:16, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
PPS: Theorems and stuff I think should be sorted out by field. --monika 16:23, 19 August 2008 (UTC)
Here a glitch, there a glitch
This template is all messed up on the page Geometry. Anyone know what's going on? --Pleb SYNDROME CUN medicate (butt poop!!!!) 05:49, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- I thought I fixed it by adding a font color tag, but it turns out it's a glitch in the parser. This reminds me that I need to finish the new version, but give me a bit of time and I'll patch this up. --monika 05:56, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- Bah. --monika 06:03, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
So I finished the rewrite.
Well, I also need to hunt down new articles and sort them. --monika 06:51, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
omg you little noobs --Andersmusician ACHTUNG 23:59, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Its always necessary keep your teeth clean
A tooth (plural teeth) is a undersized, calcified, whitish order ground in the jaws (or mouths) of innumerable vertebrates and occupied to break down food. Some animals, particularly carnivores, also take teeth repayment for hunting or for defensive purposes. The roots of teeth are covered by gums. Teeth are not made of bone, but to a certain extent of multiple tissues of varying density and hardness.
The community design of teeth is be like across the vertebrates, although there is of distinction variation in their form and position. The teeth of mammals be struck by profound roots, and this design is also rest in some fish, and in crocodilians. In most teleost fish, regardless how, the teeth are spoken for to the outer rise of the bone, while in lizards they are attached to the inner surface of the jaw during the same side. In cartilaginous fish, such as sharks, the teeth are unavailable by means of tough ligaments to the hoops of cartilage that accumulate the jaw. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)