Forum:Questions We're Sick Of Answering (read first!)
Q: Can you help me with this article?
- A: If you're looking for help with content and/or making your article funnier, then you should go to Pee Review. Any other help with articles is fair game for here.
Q: Why was my article or image deleted?
- A: That's probably because it sucked. Take a look at HTBFANJS and BGBU for tips. If you really think the article or image shouldn't have been deleted, look at the huff log for the admin that deleted it. Usually they leave a reason there. If they don't (or you aren't satisfied with the reason given), you can leave a message on their talk page. We do recommend that you register on the site first, though, since among other things, it helps to show that you care about contributing positively to Uncyclopedia.
Q: How does one become an admin here?
- A: Every month, the admins vote on whether or not we need more admins. If they do, then the whole VFS machine is started up. Users nominate other users, then vote on them in the first phase, and then admins take the highest-ranked nominees from that phase and further vote on them. The (un)lucky nominee(s) with the highest number of votes at the end of that phase become admin, with all the gruntwork it entails. Specifics can be found at UN:VFS. If there are not enough active users voting, the admins take a vote via email.
Q: Cool. Can I be an admin?
- A: NO. Did you read any of that?
Q: How do I make a subpage of my user page?
- A: Simple. Just go to your user page, and type a forward slash at the end of the address. Anything you type after that will be the title of your subpage. Go to that page and get to work. Alternatively, you could type
User:<username>/<subpage>in the search bar to the left, where <username> is your username and <subpage> is the name of the subpage you want to make. See Uncyclopedia:Userspace for more details, and a quick link to a page that does most of the work of creating the subpage for you (but not the part where you fill it with quality content).
Q: How do I include images in my article?
- A: If you know the name of the image you want to insert, Help:HowTo § Images explains the code to type into your article to make the image appear there (of the form
[[File:...]]). Our image use policy explains how to look for suitable images already on the website. If you don't find one, you must get an image onto your device and, from there, Special:Upload it to Uncyclopedia. Uploading requires that you have a user name.
Q: How do I make an account?
- A: Click here or on the link in the upper right corner of the page and follow the directions.
Q: I have a Wikia account. Why can't I log in here?
- A: Wikia (now doing business as FANDOM) used to own us, but we had a separate user database from the rest of Wikia. In 2016, they merged these databases. If you had an account on Wikia and on Uncyclopedia and used different email addresses for each, Wikia kept your username there, and created a new Uncyclopedia username for you, prepending "Un-", so <insert name here> became Un-<insert name here>
- Then, in 2019, we went to independent hosting, in which case, read on.
Q: I had an account here before 2019. Why can't I log in now?
- A: The independent host got a copy of the encyclopedia from FANDOM, but of course not personal information on the users (passwords, email addresses, etc.). (Code that let users log in anyway stopped working in 2020.) So if you haven't logged in here since then, you will not be able to log in again or reset your password.
- But all is not lost. There is a way to get your old account back:
- Create a new account. Edit your user page to say what your old username was and that you want to recover that account.
- Edit your user page on Fandom Community Central for the old account to confirm it also belongs to you.
- Ask an Admin to merge your old account into your new one, so your old edits will be attributed to the new name. Please also specify whether you want to recover the username you used to be known as.
Q: How do I add my article to a category?
- A: Add
[[Category:NameOfTheCategory]]at the bottom of the article.
Q: How do I make links, redirections and such?
- A: See The Beginner's Guide.
Q: How do I make one of those fancy sigs you guys have?
- A: Todd Lyons has a pretty good explanation of how to do so here. There is also more information about signatures at Uncyclopedia:Signatures.
Q: Who's BENSON? Euroipods? Fisher Price? What's your thing with Oscar Wilde? What's the meaning of AAAAAAAA!?
- A: See Uncyclopedia:In-jokes.
Q: Are you done yet?
Q: Theoretically, as long as this page exists, shouldn't these questions be asked less and less frequently?
- A: Shut up.