|This article was nominated for deletion on March 29, 2010.
The result of the discussion was Keep.
Man, Tom...you can do better than this. Half the article is a list of countries now. You took it all out and put nothing back in.--Geoffsebesta 03:01, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
- I'm sorry. I have failed. See what happens when I try to keep my perverted nature out of it?
- I'm revertin' it. I disappoint myself.
Stupid, not funny
Although much work has obviously been done on this article, I do have to say that it is more stupid than funny in relation to the topic "Kentucky"; surely we can make a spoof article on Kentucky that has some grains of truth (which tend to make things funny), a make-believe country is getting way off topic and has little to no humor related to the topic of "Kentucky" even though it is funny in itself, possibly it could be a seperate article linked to the main about an alternate reality of Kentucky or something like that; that's just my oppinion, take it or leave it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk • contribs)
i agree with the above comment, this was the worst thing ive read on here... there are so many things about kentucky that you can poke fun at like never wearing shoes and how kentucky has the highest number for people missing teeth... do some research and change it up this was a total flub --184.108.40.206 04:49, 25 December 2008 (UTC)
i agree with the above comments, this is completely wrong! Kentucky is a state full of inbred hicks. the whole, making them their own country is a good idea but naming it Kentuckistan?? Hicks hate midle easterners! Kentuckistan sounds like its from afganistan. make a new one about how hillbilly they are.--Cubby100 14:09, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- You are so wrong it hurts.
- --Geoffsebesta 03:04, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
P1 & c1
Unrelated to the abouve.
On Normal Wikipedia, there is something that shows a flag pointing to the right & left, indicating where is ceded from (as in the right) and was ceded to (as in the left).
Here is an example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States
I think the vandal is gone. --Mn-z 05:37, 18 August 2009 (UTC)
- Carry on. --
18:00, April 2, 2010 (UTC)
- I went ahead and replaced references to Kentuckistan with Kentucky when the "Kentucky is a communist state" joke wasn't being used. On a related note, I just realized how mind-numbingly stoopid links to "Kentuckistan" would look once this article is actually about Kentucky. --Mn-z 19:59, April 3, 2010 (UTC)
This is stupid
this page is so wrong because kentucky is just full of drunken hicks with their pick ups and moonshine, and it is ridiculous to call it something like "kentuckistan" derived from Afganistan, which all hicks hate.--Bongobaby101 21:50, October 22, 2010 (UTC)
You're good with state article rewrites (i.e. California), would it be possible to take a crack at this one? It's largely Soviet Russia and Wacky Fake State cruft.--HolUp (talk) 01:17, 5 December 2021 (UTC)
- Yeezus! This sucks! I have no information nor gumption in what's left of tonight, but will be thinking about this. 02:32 5-Dec-21
- Okay, HolUp, I've written lots of new material; you can shuffle what's left and continue removing the "Kentuckistan" theme. (HTBFANJS#Avoid stagnant jokes: It's trite to write "That a state or region...is a Soviet republic.") Eventually, I'll also needle the Kentucky politicians (but not in the Intro), plus Rep. Massie, the pro-Trump thorn in Trump's side who insisted, on the first $2T Covid "rescue," that members fly back to Washington to make the vote official. 13:35 6-Dec-21
- HolUp, all good except one thing: History isn't big enough to really need subsections, and yours based on ranges of years labor under the fallacy that anyone will search through this page for the events of specific years! I tried to make them funny à la Romartus in his Emperors series. 03:09 8-Dec-21
- HolUp, what would you say to removing the section on U-K? Citing the Carnegie endowment is the only thing there that isn't generic (founders blew through funds, taught in an outhouse, women BB players are veritable porn stars). Anyone who has something funny and topical could start an article. 00:07 9-Dec-21
- Something is better than nothing; go for it. 01:19 9-Dec-21
- HolUp, in case you don't care to study the page history, I undid one sentence of your work yesterday; your conversion of the second paragraph of Cuisine to use Kentucky personalities explained the name change to KFC in a different way from mine at the end of the previous paragraph. As I say in the Edit Summary, one or the other must go.
- Another thing I don't like: I started the History section by changing Mound Builders to Crap Throwers. You changed that to Craps Throwers to relate it to casinos (though Kentucky Downs is the only casino I can find, and the gaming is mostly horse-related and I'm not sure it even has a dice table). The section now describes the Mound Builders with a double transformation where the reader can no longer see the intermediate step. 21:55 9-Dec-21